Thursday, June 1, 2017

Happy Birthday


Hi everyone!
Cheryl here, with a new DT post. I have a birthday card to share, so let's get to it!

I found a piece of polka dot paper in my stash and really wanted to use it. Came in a card kit, I believe, so I don't know who it's by, sorry. Kathleen sent me the stencil you see in the photo in my DT kit this month. So I white heat embossed it onto a piece of  Tim Holtz watercolor paper. I then got out my Distress Inks and went about to create a piece that would pull out some of the same colors as the patterned paper had. I believe it was Mustard Seed, Abandoned Coral, maybe some Worn Lipstick. Anyway, after it was dry I cut a piece of it using KS Stitched Fancy Scalloped Circle Dies. I got really brave and took the Lawn Fawn word die from my DT kit and cut it right out of that circle!!! Fingers were seriously crossed, lol. Anyway, I then cut the same word out of some white fun foam and glued the two together. I was sure to keep the tiny inside bits to put back in. I then mounted the scalloped piece to another circle slightly larger, cut out of  black cardstock.

I took the sentiment and using liquid glue, I put it back into place and added a bit of weight till dry. I also took those tiny bits and glued them back in place.
I took a black strip and stamped birthday and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I cut the ends into banner shapes and mounted with a bit of foam tape. I then pulled out some Fabrika Decoru enamel dot drops and some Nuvo enamel drops, along with a few stray star shaped sequins from my stash.
I mounted the circle piece to my patterned paper and trimmed off the excess. I mounted that to a black card base and attached a piece of white cardstock to the inside to be able to write a message. When the entire card was finished I took some Glossy Accents and totally covered the word happy. I love how it's so shiny!
So there you have it! A really fun card with a few different techniques. Watercolor, heat embossing, and some die cutting. I love that stencils are so affordable and can really give a fun look at very little cost. I'd love a bunch of background stamps but they aren't so cheap and stencils are, so I plan to add to my collection! Really, you can do more with them anyway, as to a stamp. Hope you got a bit of inspiration today.
Happy Crafting!
Save
Save

https://static.inlinkz.com/ppr.js

1 comment :