Thursday, June 25, 2015

Playing with foil...

I have fallen in love with foiling!!! I did the moment I saw it, as have many of you. I already had a laminator and all I needed was a printer using toner. Found one at Staples for about 59.00! 
What I do is print letter size paper in the toner, then I can use it for any of my die cuts. Or I can do print/cut with my Cameo.
Either way, I love the look. So I have two cards to share today.
I wasn't totally have with the look I was getting. So, I did some experimenting. I did what others posted, using a folded typing paper carrier...or parchment paper. They never came out good. I was a bit bummed as I really want it to work!
Well, today I increased my carrier to 80# cardstock. A fair bit heavier than the others. I thought maybe it would increase the pressure a bit, making a better bond. AND IT DID!!! I am so thrilled. On to my cards.


Here's the first one. I used a die from Simon Says Stamp...love it! I then cut another out of fun foam to add dimension. You gotta LOVE that rainbow foil!!! I adhered that to a panel cut using a rectangle die. I popped that panel up with fun foam as well. Then I scattered about, some sequins and various sizes of foiled dots. I have a die that cuts  all various sizes of dots. Love how this looks!



  I made this card doing all the exact same things using the negative space left from cutting the hello. I really like how this came out as well. So fun and pretty. Sure to cheer up anyone!
You gotta admit, these are so pretty!

Here's your shopping list.


Various foil sheets were purchased on Amazon. If you look, you'll find a lot!

Hope you like my cards for today and got a bit of inspiration. Get out your supplies and have some fun!




4 comments :

  1. Very pretty! And cheers to successful foiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nikki. I appreciate that. I just love the look and hated it wasn't coming out very nice :(

      Delete