Monday, February 16, 2015

My Scrap Chick Digital Clipart...

Hi guys....My Scrap Chick has been releasing some new type of files. I have loved print/cut every since I got my very first Cameo! So I was excited when I saw they were adding this category to their store. So...this weekend I played a bit with a clipart image. I also have some digi stamps printed out, and have been coloring them with my Copic markers. See previous post. Anyway, on to this card.

I actually plugged in my Cricut Explore to print and cut these. It has been collecting dust, lol. Once cut, I wanted to give a "flat" image a bit of interest, so I got out a few Copic markers to add more intense shadowing/shading. I mainly worked on the bed. Then I added white gel dots, glitter brush, and some Glossy Accents. 


 It's so hard to tell, but I added Glossy Accents to the thermometer and to the glass on the night stand. I also stamped my sentiment in VersaMark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. This cute stamp is from My Creative Time. The lamp base has some glitter brushed on. 


I wanted the bed to feel more forward so I put two layers of foam tape under it and also have it lower on the card front. The nightstand is on one layer and a bit higher up, hoping it gives the appearance of being farther back...like it's against the wall and the bed comes out farther into the room...like it would look in real.


For the inside of the card, I grabbed some of the same papers as on the front. I also used a couple more of the images from the set. For the bottle of medicine, I smooshed my VersaMark pad all over the front, masking off the cap. Then I poured clear embossing powder over it and melted it with my heat tool. I did it a second time to get it a bit thicker. Positioned it a bit behind the box of tissues. And, you still have plenty of space to write a little note.

These little print/cut images are so cute and so fun to play with. The one thing I would suggest, is add some of your own touches to them. Make them feel not so "flat". Add some extra shading, or gloss, or glitter, or gel dots....jazz them up a bit. Bring them to life! 

I hope you got a bit of inspiration from my card and some ideas for using print/cut images. I plan to do more of these, so come back once in awhile and see what I've been up to. In the mean time, stop by My Scrap Chick and see what's new in the store!

Here's some links for you to get there.



2 comments :

  1. Oh Cheryl ~ this is TOTALLY ADORABLE!! LOVE every single detail and that bear is just too CUUUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...This is just Precious!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete