Monday, July 28, 2014

Shirley, Goodness, & Mercy Chicks....

I'm up today for posting a DT project for My Scrap Chick. 
As soon as I saw this set, I knew I loved it and knew I had to have it! They are so darn cute!
Anyway, I chose to use Shirley on a card. So here it was I came up with.


I made her at the size she opened to and didn't even look at what it measured. Just cut the pieces then assembled. I created a shadow background and then saw how big she really was! Lol...not terrible....but probably would have sized her down a bit. But I didn't, so this is a 5 x 7 card. Which is fine, but I know most of us do 5.5 x 4.25. So keep that in mind should you make this. Next time though, I'll take her down a bit.

I like the country feel of these ladies so I set to looking through my digital paper files for something that had that country feel to it. And I found some! It is by Carta Bella called Traditions. Very nice selection of papers for a country feel.

 Anyway, now I needed a sentiment. This card could really go for anything as it really has no theme to it. So I chose a sentiment that could really go for any occasion or no occasion at all. Just a whatever card, lol.


So this is the one I chose. It is from a set from Simon Says Stamp. You can get it here.
So that's about it. I added a bit of inking to the edges and some white gel pen accents and called this one done! Hope you like it.


So...get out your supplies and go make a card!


3 comments :

  1. Cheryl ~ just way too CUTE!! LOVE the patterned paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Love the image and the paper you used:)

    Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete