Friday, April 11, 2014

Purse Pillow Box...

Here's a bright and cheery pillow box I made for you today. It could be a perfect way to give a few Easter candies to a special someone. Decorate it anyway you'd like. Very versatile!

I used some digital papers from My Scrap Chick by Mary Engelbreit. So very bright and pretty! You need to check them out! The pillow box file is from Fleurette Bloom. She has several styles in this kit to choose from. I know you'll love them!  I have links at the end of this post to help you get these for yourself.


I filled the file with the digital paper and then color coordinated the flowers and leaves to match. I cut several layers of the flowers and backed them in white. Makes them pop a bit more. 


I also created a white circle just a bit larger than the scalloped window. The sentiment is from the Silhouette store. I made a couple layers for that as well. If you look close, you might see a bit of the Wink of Stella glitter. It's on everything except the box of course. 


I got out some of my seem binding ribbon, misted it with water, crinkled it up and then dried with my heat tool. I love the crinkled look of it. Then I used a bit of lime green twine to tie it to the box handle. The color seems off but it really matches perfect. I filled the box with some grass filler, but obviously you'd want to put in some candies or a little gift. 

Pick papers to match the occasion....that's what's nice about these simple boxes. You can decorate them for anything! Party favors, birthdays, thank yous, anything you want. 

So...here's what I used.

Fleurette Bloom



3 comments :