Monday, March 17, 2014

Shaker Card....

Just a quick shaker card today. I used some My Creative Time products on this one.


Here it is. I used the Vintage Label Die to cut the opening in the front of my card. I layered my pattern paper on 110 lb cardstock from Michaels. Makes it nice a thick. The acetate is sandwiched between the two. I used two layers of foam adhesive all around that opening. Then I carefully dusted on some baby powder with a small brush to the sides of that foam adhesive. In the past I have had issues with the sequins sticking on those sides.....HATE that! This prevents that problem. I then filled the opening with my sequins and applied the back piece. Sequins contained! lol


I used the clouds from Come Fly Away With Me and the label comes with the Vintage Label Die. The stamp is Simon Says. I used the sun element from Echo Park's new release, Splendid Sunshine. The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch. I wrapped some twine and used hot glue to adhere the button.

This card will probably need a padded envelope and extra postage as it's quite thick and a bit heavy.
I love the bright sequins and this would be a super fun birthday card. In fact, the sentiment stamped inside says that very thing. 

Thanks for coming by today! Happy Crafting 


4 comments :

  1. Cheryl ~ Yet another BEAUTIFUL creation! LOVE the colors and oh a shaker card! Simply STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the powder tip...thanks for that warning :D Great job on your super shaker card!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete