Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Yummy Treats....

Today is 3D Wednesday at My Creative Time. We wanted to make Rice Krispy Treats for the kids, so I used this as an opportunity to make them a bit different. I have found some cute sucker sticks at Jo Ann the other day and figured I could do something with them. So, we made our treats into balls, put the stick in them, and then decorated them with cute Halloween goodies. Here is what we did.


I also had found a pad of cork, sticky back paper and hoped they would cut with our dies. And well....it does! So, I cut some with a few different label dies and used a bit of cork on each tag. And you can also stamp on it nicely! Love this stuff. I put the treat down into a goody bag and attached each tag with twine.

 For this one, we rolled it in fun bright colored bits...love those colors! I cut the tag in cork, and cut again with patterned paper for the center. Tied it on with Trendy Twine.


This tag is also cork, then found some creepy patterned paper for the stamp, and used the dies from the Build A Banner to put it all together. Again, used Trendy Twine. This treat is rolled in orange, yellow, and white sprinkles.


For this tag, I reversed from the first one. I used the cork in the center and stamped on it. Works great! Used the mixed twine of lime, purple, and white...from Trendy Twine. The Krispy treat is rolled in orange sugar. I hope the kids have fun eating these! If not...I know my daughter and I will, lol.

Here are the sets I used for these goodies.


Next time you have to make some treats, see if you can be creative a bit, and make them a different way. I'm sure these won't hang around too long...one of our fave treats! I hope the kids like them too!
Happy Crafting!


6 comments :

  1. Your Halloween Rice Krispy Treats looks sooo YUMMY Cheryl, thanks for the tip on the cork. I have one and didn't know I can use Emma's die with it!!!Have a great day my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow your Rice krispy Treats turned out wicked awesome. My goodness you got so creative with these who'da thunk a Rick Krispy Treat could end up look spooktacular??? Great ideas. Goodness gracious you are not only a creative and talented paper crafter but HELLO watch out Martha Stewart!! Love how you used Miss Emma's goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl ~ YUMMY!!! Lollipop rice krispy treats! Then those FAB tags! Too CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very CUTE!!
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your treats and tags turned out perfectly Halloweenish! I hope you made extra because I think the kids are going to like these.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete