Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Boxed Gift Card Set...

Are you ready for another 3D project from me? I had been wanting to use the Lori Whitlock file for A2 cards from the Silhouette store since I saw it. What a great gift to give a pretty box that holds several A2 cards. I plan to do a bunch of these for Christmas gifts this year. Here's how I made mine.






I love how this little box came out! I used several stamps and dies from My Creative Time and I will have links to all at the end of this post. The paper is from my stack for a Project Life. I love black and bright pink!







I added some chunky glitter to the edges of the rose and popped it up with dimensionals onto the scallop circle dies, and that is on the vintage label die. For the ribbon, I cut three different lengths of ribbon, gradually shorter, made loops, and then stacked them up and wrapped a short little piece around the center. I wrapped another piece around the front of the box and then used hot glue to adhere the bow.


Here's a better view of how the boxes slide together. I had punched a half circle on the outside box to better be able to grab hold to slide apart...that's why you see a half circle in pink.

Here's the cards I made for the inside.





To create the scalloped piece, I used the Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies, and then made a larger piece using a Stampin' Up scallop punch and then chose one of my Nestabilities circle dies that fit the best. Same thing for the front of the box. I also chose a delicate embossing folder to do the pink background piece on the front of the cards. For the tag, I layered one on top of the other, then snipped off the end of the bottom tag so it had a straight end. Added dimensionals to adhere.

You could make birthday cards, get well, sympathy, anniversary...anything! How nice to get a gift with an assortment of cards to meet any need. Who wouldn't love a gift like this!

Here's the supplies I used on this project.

 So, that's it. Have fun crafting and I'd love to see if any of you do something similar. I know my family will love these as gifts...and yours will too!



5 comments :

  1. Absolutely love the card box! And your cards are great too! Great colors. TFS --C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the color choice...beautiful. The black ribbon is perfect and I love the embossing. Great job on the box and cards! They will make wonderful gifts.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Cheryl! I love that you can put "bumpy" cards inside for a gift and they stay beautiful! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these Cheryl! I love the colors! They make me smile!!! Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete