Saturday, January 5, 2013

Copic ~ First try...

I have been wanting to start collecting Copic markers for some time now. So my hubby got me a set for Christmas, and I have been trying to fill in colors for good blending. This isn't so easy, lol! But, I love to color and I know it will take time and practice. I'm willing to put in that time cause I love the look. So, here is my first card I made with an image I colored. It's not the best, but I don't think it's  the worst either.


I have the most trouble with the skin! The hair isn't easy either but you can blend more colors better and the variations don't have to be as close in tone. The skin for me will take lots of practice. 


I love her glittery wings! I added white gel pen accents to her dress and the edge of the card.


Threw some glitter on her wand and tied a bow of embroidery floss.


The stamp is from My Creative Time and when I saw it, I knew that would fit this little girl perfectly! Gotta love MCT Stamps!

Here is the set that stamp came from.


Watch in the future for other projects using my Copic coloring!


7 comments :

  1. GORGEOUS!! Love the sparkles and especially the sentiment! All those 'little' details add the extra-special touch - darling little fairy. You're already pretty "pro" with the colouring! Impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely AMAZING!Simply GORGEOUS!A Great job on the coloring!Thats is one of my 2013 goals...to learn how to color with copics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! And your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super job for your first attempt with the markers...your hair is perfectly done! I have seen some helpful ideas on videos and I think Gina K?? Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER cute little card,that image is ADORABLE!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl ~ Oh you did her up BEAUTIFULLY!!! Your coloring is FABULOUS!! LOVE this little image and the colors you chose too!! ADORAABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete